UPLOADING AND SETTING UP AN ESIM PROFILE ON YOUR PEPLINK ROUTER
Before we begin the setup, there are a few things to take note of:
- Make sure your router supports eSIM. Peplink devices that support 5G/LTE plans will also support eSIMs.
- The firmware on your router should be updated to 8.4.0 or newer.
- The router needs to be covered under an active Care Plan.
- eSIM profiles can be reusable or non-reusable. Make sure you know which type of eSIM you have before uploading to a device.
Now, let’s get started!
To load the eSIM profile to your Peplink router follow these steps:
- Login to InControl 2 by typing incontrol2.peplink.com on the address bar of your web browser.
- Enter your username and password.
- Navigate to the device you want to upload the eSIM profile to
- Click on Settings
- Select Device Tools
- Click on the Command drop-down menu.
- Select eSIM Activation.
- Enter the eSIM code by scanning it or click on “input manually” and enter it manually in the text box below.
- Click submit.
To set up the eSIM profile on your router, follow these steps.
- Login to your device’s GUI (Graphic User Interface) by entering 192.168.50.1 on the address bar of your web browser.
- Enter the username “admin” and your password “admin” (these are for first time setup or if the device was factory reset)
- On the Dashboard tab, under WAN Connection Status, click on Cellular
- Within Cellular Settings, you should now have the BYO eSIM option, select it.
- At the bottom of Cellular Settings, scroll to the right, and enable Data Roaming for multi-carrier SIMs.
- For Operator Settings, select Custom
- Enter the appropriate APN for the eSIM profile.
- Scroll down to the bottom of Cellular Settings, and click on Save and Apply
Your eSIM profile is now uploaded and ready to go!